Saturday, 27 November 2010

Snow and Red Kite - So soon!


It doesn't seem very long ago that I was posting about snow at Gigrin but yesterday (26th November) 4" - 5" fell between 11am and 3pm. 


Hundreds of red kites  plus two white red kites came in for their lunch as the snow fell. 



Today was very different with sunshine all afternoon so I took a couple of photographs while I had the chance - Colin feeds the kites Friday and Saturday.


 The main road is getting better but our drive is currently only accessible by 4x4s (with 4 wheel drive selected!), so I've an agreement with the owner of Bryafon to allow 2 wheel drive cars to park in their car park over the length of the present storm. 




2 comments:

  1. Save a little bit of snow for me at Xmas please Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree shot Chris - great Christmas card?

    Was it really minus 17 in your neck of the woods last night? Brrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete